TRRRA has no affiliation with any political party. Our mission is to support residents and ratepayers within the Tamworth Regional Council area with regional and local government issues.
* Affiliation: This indicates if the candidate has been nominated by a registered political party or if the candidate has requested to have the word ‘Independent’, or nothing, printed next to their name on the ballot paper.
Source: NSW Electoral Commission
TRRRA posed nine questions to the 19 Candidates running in the upcoming Local Government Elections. We have included the responses received from candidates who responded and are included in the candidate’s page.
Click on the Read More button to read their responses, download their How To Vote Cards and read the articles from the Northern Daily Leader.
1. Why are you running, and what do you think you can offer Tamworth Region?
2. How do those of you with political affiliations address the issues that arise serving two masters?
3. Every candidate says that they always put the community first. But what does that mean to you?
4. What are your views on the interaction between counsellors, senior council staff and developers documented and available on public record?
5. How would you improve transparency and accountability for Counsellors and the Council?
6. Understandably, the Council needs to maintain confidentiality around some issues and be discussed in Closed Council sessions. How do you feel those Closed Council discussions impact the Council’s transparency and accountability?
7. Would you support a review of Chaffey dam water management?
8. What are your views on TRC pursuing alternate water sources to ensure water security, e.g., purchasing some or all of the Peel Valley licenses from those willing to sell?
9. Do you believe the community should be advised before the sale of community assets?